Uglyman Forum and Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of nickname

4 posters

Go down

Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of  nickname Empty Re: Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of nickname

Post by Griz Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Being a proud Cougar Dad, I try to watch WSU football, so I may be able to enlighten you on their plight.

I believe it was their second game of the year, the game they actually won, and looked quite impressive even, against Jerry Glanville and Portland State ( ya I know, not exactly USC). The started the game with, their #1 QB and by half time they were down to #3, shortly into the second half, #3 went down, so they brought in #4 a nineteen yearold red shirt freshman. You couldn't tell he's only been playing college football for a month or so as he passed his way downfield for touchdowns on his first two drives, and actually looked even better than #2 & #3. Unfortunately, he went down to injury the following week, I haven't watched since. I'm not saying they were a great or even good team to start with, but when you're down to your 5th string QB in week three of your season, in any league, it just might be time to park the bus, and start getting ready for next season.
Griz
Griz
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of  nickname Empty Hey Mikey!!!

Post by uncledave Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:24 pm

See if you can put that joke I sent to ya on the site. Not surprisingly I can't get the 2 pics to transfer over.
pirat king
uncledave
uncledave
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : drunken pirate/beeeerrrr
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of  nickname Empty Re: Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of nickname

Post by Snapper Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Yes, and what about that unbelievable WSU team! Couldn"t cover 43 points at home...what's up with that?
Snapper
Snapper
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 73
Job/hobbies : Consultant / Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pill Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:34 am

OK, that was too easy. Plus, whoever has the lightening nickname could crush them with "Thunder does the talking, but lightening does the work". I think there is a good country song with that.

Did you know that the UW has the second longest win streak in all of college football? Just second behind OU. Just something to put in your bag.
Pill
Pill
That's my boy!/Admin
That's my boy!/Admin

Number of posts : 136
Job/hobbies : Saving mankind, stuff like that

Character sheet
Par 5:

http://www.uglyman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snapper Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Nice try Pill, but a dead giveaway (with you being from the state of WA). The Seattle Sonics have moved and become the Oak City Thunder. Suprised they didn't go to Tampa Bay with that one to complete the Thunder and Lightning thing.
Snapper
Snapper
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 73
Job/hobbies : Consultant / Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of  nickname Empty Pro Teams without an "S" at the end of nickname

Post by Pill Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:04 am

Hey snap,
That trivia question you stump us on each year (except Wes nailed it this year) about how many pro teams have a nickname that does not end in "S" (Heat, Magic, etc.) grew by one this year.

Can you name the new one?
Pill
Pill
That's my boy!/Admin
That's my boy!/Admin

Number of posts : 136
Job/hobbies : Saving mankind, stuff like that

Character sheet
Par 5:

http://www.uglyman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down