Uglyman Forum and Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In unrelated news....

2 posters

Go down

In unrelated news.... Empty Gotta wonder

Post by uncledave Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm

gotta wonder what her final score was after nine???
Bet she bought the beer though...hope I can get 75 yards outta my driver after the winter off.
drunken pirat
uncledave
uncledave
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : drunken pirate/beeeerrrr
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

In unrelated news.... Empty In unrelated news....

Post by Griz Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Did anyone else hear this story yesterday? I don't know how true it is but I heards it on the radio...it made me laugh and cry at the same time...Golf just isn't fair!

Apparrently, a 62 year old woman moved from Finland or Norway ( somewhere cold) to retire in Florida and decided to take up Golf. After taking lessons for 2 months, she decided she was ready to go try out the real thing and headed to the course, it sounds like it must have been a par three course but so what. Stepping up on the first tee, hole #1, 100 yds. , bunkers on both sides in front of the green, her first time ever golfing ( other than the driving range ), she pulls her driver from the bag and tees up her ball. She swings for all she's worth and its a beauty, 75 yards on the fly, the ball takes a hop to the left, skirts the bunker on the right, and rolls straight for the pin, and into the hole. 1st round, 1st hole, 1st swing, ACE.

I wonder if anyone told her she should call it good and quit while she was ahead?
Griz
Griz
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum