Uglyman Forum and Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOTD 7/3/08

2 posters

Go down

SOTD 7/3/08 Empty Re: SOTD 7/3/08

Post by Griz Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:17 pm

I agree, Elite is an appropriate word to describe the Eagles. There are very few bands that span the generations and still remain as vital , if not more so than they ever were. Paul McCartney, and Aerosmith, are a couple more that I would put in the same class. Prolific and timeless, talent like that makes the world a better place!

If you weren't familiar with the song "How Long", although it has the familiar flavor of an old favorite that should be on a greatest hits album, it's a brand new son from their latest CD. Here's to hoping Hell remains frozen over!
Griz
Griz
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

SOTD 7/3/08 Empty Re: SOTD 7/3/08

Post by Pill Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 am

I have to say the Eagles represent for me a huge lesson in life and the maturing process. About looking a bit deeper beyond your initial impressions and being open to new possibilities and keeping an open mind.

When I was younger, I HATED the Eagles. One of their songs would come on and it was an immediate power down and a change of the radio station (I was going to say "punch the button" but that would age me too much).

Then around 1997, I sat down and watched an "unplugged" special they put on public TV. As I watched and listened, I was awe struck by what wonderful musicians and song writers these dudes are. I started listening deeper to the development of the sound and lyrics and realized I had been so wrong about this group. I should have known the genius the first time I heard that amazing line "On the road today, I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac", but I had some maturing to do.

The Eagles are an elite group and their body of work is so worthy of huge respect.
Pill
Pill
That's my boy!/Admin
That's my boy!/Admin

Number of posts : 136
Job/hobbies : Saving mankind, stuff like that
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

http://www.uglyman.com

Back to top Go down

SOTD 7/3/08 Empty SOTD 7/3/08