Uglyman Forum and Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EX-panded Uglyman 17!!!

3 posters

Go down

EX-panded Uglyman 17!!! Empty Okanogan

Post by uncledave Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Shouldn't have put up the quick connect to the hotels and courses...now I really have an eye for them. cyclops
But I can see it might be a bit much on some facilities...others!!!!!!!!! drunken pirat

Last edited by uncledave on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ref)
uncledave
uncledave
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : drunken pirate/beeeerrrr
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

EX-panded Uglyman 17!!! Empty Re: EX-panded Uglyman 17!!!

Post by Pill Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:44 pm

I like the idea, but the reality of executing it gives me tired-head. I'm quite happy with the multiple rounds at Chewy idea. I need more clients spending money to be able to afford coming up there this year-If you know anyone still making money in this economy that needs a great CPA-send 'em my way.
Pill
Pill
That's my boy!/Admin
That's my boy!/Admin

Number of posts : 136
Job/hobbies : Saving mankind, stuff like that
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

http://www.uglyman.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Griz Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:51 am

hmmm I think we have discussed this one before, I'm not entirely against the idea but....

Tonasket, ( which is about 45 minutes North of Omak) is a 3.5 - 4 hour drive from the lake. The closest of the Okanagon Valley golf courses is another 45-60 minutes North of Tonasket and then there are about 40 courses along the next hundred miles or so. for those keeping score thats a 5-7 hour drive from Sasheen.

Here is a link

http://www.golfokanagan.com/

Depending on the exchange rate, the prices may or may not be a good value. I've heard many good things about the courses and I imagine they would be comparable to our last Canadian adventure, Trickle Creek. The courses are definitley not played in the winter, because they under 6+ feet of snow so there golf season is a relatively short one.

Like I said , I'm not entirely against the idea...but I think I'd prefer sticking with the "rent a house on Chewelah, and make an all you can play deal with the pro shop" plan, if we are taking the show on the road. I think we would have a great time and it would definitely be cheaper. I honestly could play Chewy everyday without any complaints....well, except for hole number 10. I think I'll always complain about that one.

So many golf courses, so little time!
Griz
Griz
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

EX-panded Uglyman 17!!! Empty EX-panded Uglyman 17!!!

Post by uncledave Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:50 pm

What if Uglyman 17 were ex-panded to an ex-otic destination this year...the week starting Aug 15th sees us with reservations for all those participating to the best Canada has to offer. bounce
Hidden away in the Rockies just above Omak are some of the finest Canadian TPC courses in their country. Virtually unused in winter they have the reputation of well cared for fairways and fast greens the likes of which we duffers rarely see. What a Face

So grab your sticks and make a wish for the four best courses in the Canadian wilderness. Cool

Now we'll find out how many of 'use guys' still watch this board during the off season!!!
drunken pirat

Last edited by uncledave on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ref...)
uncledave
uncledave
True Uglyman
True Uglyman

Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : drunken pirate/beeeerrrr
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Character sheet
Par 5:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down